On 11 April 2015, the East Coast Manuka Collective held the first Manuka symposium with participation from a range of individuals and organisations involved with the science, business, environmental and community aspects of Manuka on the East Coast.
- Peter Scott – Forest Protection, Scion Research: Proactive Screening of Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium) for susceptibility to the biosecurity threat Myrtle rust (Puccinia psidii).
- Bob Shula – Head of Research & Genetics, Scion Research: Mānuka Breeding and Genetics
- Mark Kerr & Sue Pahuru – Managing Directors, East Cape Manuka Company and Tairawhiti Pharmaceuticals: 25 years learning about Manuka products on the East Cape
- Phil Caskey – New Zealand Manuka Ltd. Manuka Oil Production. Strategy–Marketing–Products
- Stefania Pizzirani – Scion Research: A culturally focused Mānuka value chain